Your kitchen is the centre of most activities in Singaporean homes. It is therefore not surprising that kitchen renovation is dream project for home owners. They come up with elaborate plans on how you want the kitchen to look, how the counter is placed, where to install the lights, and other constructional details. Renovating a kitchen is a good idea as it increases the value of your home and eases your lifestyle.
The following are the 7 Useful Tips On Kitchen Renovation every homeowner should know:
It is advisable to plan for your kitchen renovation in advance. Good planning reduces the amount of time you will be inconvenienced by the construction problems as they will be minimized. In addition, this will help you stay on budget. You planning should be about three months. This way, you will not be tempted to change your mind when construction is in progress. Any change order during the construction is likely to inflate the construction costs and in turn eat on your budget. The following are tips to help you plan:
· Study your current kitchen
· Take into account traffic patterns
· Have ergonomics in mind
· Plan for the future
· Ask for expert help
Maintain same footprint
Some of the things that will drive up costs of renovation quickly other than changing location of electrical outlets and plumping pipes, and bringing down the walls. This is where construction problems arise. It is therefore important to keep water fixtures, appliances, and walls in same location as before. This will help you save both on demolition and reconstruction costs. In addition, you will cut amount of debris and dust the project generates.
Use quality materials
You should choose top quality materials as they add value and durability to your kitchen. For instance, good quality drawer hinges and slides ensure the cabinet doors will remain closed and the drawers will not stick. You should avoid drawers which are stapled together. The same case goes with drawers made of particleboard. Wood veneer is ideal for cabinet interiors as it more durable compared to particleboard, laminate, or MDF. Nowadays, glass and tiled splashbacks are quite popular as stainless steel. You should always choose the best quality which you can afford. When choosing materials for renovation, always consider the following things:
· Easy to clean
· Stain resistant
The kitchen is an important place where family gathers around for meals. Your guests can also sit around to chat. You need adequate light in your kitchen. This is necessary to avoid minor accidents from happening. Is the lighting functional? Is the lighting creating ambience you want. It is important to note that successful lighting scheme is dependent on good planning. You should ensure all kitchen areas are well-lit and there are no shadows. Install strip lights or clip-on lights beneath the wall cabinets. On your island unit, consider hanging pendant lights and good tasking lighting above sink or dishwasher. You should replace harsh strip lighting, which creates unproductive and unpleasant light. Install dimmers above the dining spots where you want to create mood and above dining spots within the eat-in kitchens.
Benchtops, Cupboard doors and Handles
Solid wood, composite or stone benchtops are very popular nowadays. However, they are very costly. If you want the same looks for an affordable cost, you can go for finest natural materials like granite, solid timber, Corian, or marble. There are also some cheat tricks that will help you achieve great looks at a small cost. It is advisable to realign the existing benchtop with timber laminates and apply matching edge to get solid timber appearance.
If the current cupboards in your kitchen are in good condition, there is no need of replacing them. Just give them facelift by re-lining front of doors in new modern material. If you are an admirer of industrial kitchens, you can re-clad the cupboard doors in durable materials such as stainless steel. You can also replace the doors but keep body of cabinets intact. You can have your doors made by specialist cabinetmaker. Handles provide cheapest and easiest way to spruce your kitchen. There are a lot of options currently on the market. Handles range from traditional brass and porcelain to contemporary stainless steel.
Choose your appliances well
Nowadays, kitchens ought to function efficiently and look sleek. This extends greatly to the appliances you choose. For instance, there are many pyrolytic ovens, which cook faster and have self-cleaning features. You should go for induction cooktops that switch off automatically when pot is removed. Save on space by having a refrigerator with integrated TV, chilled water dispenser, and ice-makers. Some home owners want to have their appliances hidden in the cabinetry as much as possible, while others want them on display. If you love to display your appliances then purchase ones with stylish stainless-steel finishes and glass fronted wine chillers.
Choose nice paints
For economical and fast renovation, you cannot look past nice paints. This is because paint can be applied to any surface in your kitchen, from floors and cabinets even to the white goods. A nice paint is able to transform a tired, dull, dark kitchen to an attractive one. It is advisable to contact a painting contractor for the best advice. You should keep in mind that kitchen surfaces ought to be easy to clean. For instance, semi-gloss and satin paints tend to be easier to apply and clean.
Renovating your kitchen is very important as it adds value to your home and eases your lifestyle. The above tips will help make your kitchen stand out in your neighbourhood. It is necessary to plan your renovation early as this will help you determine the budget and acquire materials in advance. Kitchen renovation works are not meant for novices but rather experienced contractors. Good renovation should create space for storage and work surfaces and your kitchen should become beautiful. While hiring your contractor there are a number of things you should take into account such as experience in kitchen renovations, licensing, cost, past projects completed, and reviews from past clients.
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
· However, over the recent years staircases grills, balusters and railings have increasingly began to be viewed as indispensable components. That can effortlessly enhance the comeliness and aesthetic value of the buildings they are fitted.
· To this specific end, these one of a kind products now more than ever come in a wide range of designs and even materials. From which you as a high rise building owner can effortless choose the right one solely based on your needs as well as preferences. Whether they are functional varieties for your office block or even exquisite types for your home.
· Many staircase grill are renowned for their unmatched versatility in matching typically any kind of building design from those that integrate elements of traditional architecture to modern ones. There are plenty of options that are laid out for you that can enable you to arrive at the desired solution for your exact needs.
· When it comes to the various materials options that can be utilized to craft a staircase grill, the sky is simply the limit. There are rustic wood, iron, wrought iron, aluminium, stainless steel and even glass varieties of these products.
· While some of the most ultra modern kinds are known to integrate a delightful blend of one or more of these materials. The end result in such craftsmanship is usually aesthetically pleasing grills that also fully serve their primary function. Which is simply protecting all those who utilize staircases that they have been erected in from the risk of sustaining injuries while moving up and down.
· As for the exact design choices for a staircase grill there is a plethora of options you can be in a position to select, especially if you happen to live in Singapore. Many crafters and distributers of these items offer a wide range of popular designs, most of which can also be customized to your exact instructions.
· There are the conventional varieties (usually made of metals), others that integrate floral patterns, gothic designs and also some that incorporate straight colours.
· Should you be an oriental design (usually crafted from wood) fan, there are plenty of such designs you may like to give a try. Not to forget grills that have a western touch, which are normally crafted from a mixture of materials like precious metal and glass. This gives rise to products that are highly acclaimed for their unmatched elegance and attractiveness in whatever application they are designed for.
· Consequently should you perhaps be in need of a staircase grill for either your office building or your home , there are definitely many choices you will be presented with.
· Depending on your tastes, design inclinations, and more importantly budget, you can be in an excellent position to acquire the best product that matches them to the T. This brings us to the next question you may probably now be asking yourself: “Just exactly where can I find the right staircase grill in Singapore?” Well the answer to that kind of question is simply virtually anywhere you may be located in this country.
· There are plenty of firms that make it their business to manufacture these products and ultimately sell them to their wide clientele base in different parts of Singapore. Most of these companies have put in place offices and plants all over the country. Which are meant to serve those individuals or business establishments that are on the lookout for these and more staircase products for their buildings.
· By simply paying a visit to any one of them or contacting them over the phone, you will be able to conveniently access these invaluable services.
· Many of these firms are known to offer accurate quotes and estimates totally free of charge, and based on your distinct needs (building’s dimensions, and budget) you can easily determine just how much it will cost.
· To make things even better, a large number of these business establishments have taken it upon themselves to set up highly interactive websites. From which you can effortlessly access in-depth information and resources on all matters related to a staircase grill , railings, balusters and even posts.
· Many of these websites also have intuitive tools that can permit you to ascertain just how the materials you need will cost. Along with the labour costs of having their skilled and experienced craftsmen install these items in your building.
· As would be expected like anywhere else in the world these products are crafted in strict adherence to the prevailing safety regulations that govern this particular industry in Singapore. This goes a long way in making sure that any mishap that can possibly occur such as children heads getting trapped in between poles is restricted.
· It is also worthwhile to mention that these firms that offer many a staircase grill integrate a high level of workmanship into their products. Be it the case of replacing old ones or even installing brand new ones. Which definitely can make them be regarded as excellent design statements that facilitate for an uncommon touch of elegance and style to an empty space that ordinarily be neglected. While also been considered unworthy of the effort to try to enhance its aesthetic attributes.
· Once again it is important to note that there are quite a number of business establishments that specialize in manufacturing these stair items in Singapore.
· Undoubtedly one of the leading of these firms is Singapore Renovations that apart from offering diverse services also offer custom designed staircase grills for their esteemed customers. By taking time to visit their website www.singaporerenovations.com you can place yourself on the highroad of accessing a wide variety of unique designs for these products.
· Hope this staircase grill review has been insightful.